1) How do I get a library card?
- Fill out and sign the library card application.
- Proof of mailing address is required if this is different from the identification information provided.
- Must show Driver's License or State ID
- Under 18 years old, will require a parent/guardian to have a valid library card. Parent/Guardian must be available for verification and signature.
2) I lost my library card, how do I report a lost card or replace a library card?
- Contact Aztec or Bloomfield Public Library to report a lost card.
- Apply for another library card at either location.
- Replacement/Lost card fee is $2.00.
3) What do I need to access the public computers for the internet?
- Valid Library Card from Aztec Public Library or Bloomfield Public Library.
- Guest Passes are available with limited restrictions (Picture/Student ID is required).
- Public Computers are limited to 120 minutes per patron's library card. Express computers are limited 30 minutes only.
4) How many items can I check out and what are the late fees?
- 20 items per library card.
- Restrictions apply to DVD's (5 per card) with 7 day loan period.
- Books and other collection item have a 21 day loan period.
- Special Equipment (Restriction Dates do apply with additional rental fees.)
- Late fees - 10 cents per day.
5) What are the costs if I lose or damage a book?
- Cost of the book and $3.00 processing fee.
6) How do I renew a book?
- Several options available (Bring the book to your local library location and recheck the item out, library homepage to access Public Access Catalog System-My Account).
- Book Renewal is only available for items not on hold.
7) My library card is not available; can you look up my account?
- Due to library privacy act laws and library policy we are not able to look up information without appropriate identification.
- Children under 18 years old will be required to have a parent present if they don't have proper ID.
- Pin number is not changed or looked up without the appropriate identification or library card.
8) What are the fees for copies and faxes?
- 10 cents - Black & White
- 50 cents - Color
- Fax $1.00 per page - Sending & Receiving (Domestic Only)
9) Does the library accept donations?
- Book donations are accepted only if they are in good condition. Items that have water damage or have been in storage for a long time will not be accepted due to safety reasons.
- Money donations are accepted make checks payable to Aztec Public Library. Donations can be given to a specific program like children, adult, or teen.
10) Where can I make suggestions to the library?
- Suggestion book is located at the front desk. We appreciate the feedback from the public.
- Email suggestions to .
Click Here to download a printed version of this document.